- Police Department
- How Do I...
How Do I...
- How do I pay a parking ticket?
Pay your parking ticket using the online payment website.
- How do I appeal a parking ticket?
Go to our parking website. Choose appeal ticket in the options. Lookup your ticket number and fill out the attached form.
- How do I pay a Traffic Citation?
You can pay online at Chagrin Falls – Docket Search.
- How do I request a police report?
View the Request a Public Record page.
- How do I report an incident with a dog, including a dog attack, a dead dog or a missing dog?
Report any loose dogs, or dog bites by calling 911 if you require emergency help or by calling dispatch at 440- 247 – 7321.
- How do I request a road closure or block party?
Fill out an application for block party or road closure.
The form will be reviewed by the Chief of Police and the Mayor
You will be notified if your application has been approved or denied.
If your event is approved the service department will be notified and barricades will be set out prior to you event for your placement.
- How do I get fingerprinted?
Chagrin Falls Police department does ink rolled fingerprinting for residents. You must provide your own fingerprinting card.
- How do I report a power outage?
You can report a power outage online.
- How do I commend or file a complaint against an officer?
Call our office at 440-247-5036 during business hours, Monday - Friday 8am-4pm, or Dispatch at 440-247-7321. Ask to speak with the Officer in Charge (OIC).
21 W. Washington St. Chagrin falls Ohio 44022 and ask for an OIC.
21 W. Washington St. Chagrin falls Ohio 44022
ATTN: Lt. Weiskopf
- Can I hire an off-duty police officer?
You can request an off-duty officer and will be contacted by a member of the department about your request. Please fill out the Off-Duty Officer Request Form.
- Can I request a police officer to speak at my event?
You can request an officer and will be contacted by a member of the department about your request.
- I am going out of town, can you check my residence?
Yes, we have a vacation watch, fill out the form.
- Does Chagrin Falls ban the use of hand-held cell phones while driving?
View the 333.09 Electronic Wireless Communications Device Regulations.
- Does Chagrin Falls have a Juvenile Curfew?
View our Minor Code of Ordinance for more information.
- Can I drive a golf cart, low speed vehicles or ATV in Chagrin Falls?
View more information on our Snowmobiles and All Purpose Vehicles code of ordinance.
- How do I get a solicitor’s permit?
Before filling out the solicitor's application, please read the codified ordinance linked in the following:
- Step 1 - Read the law regarding solicitors
- Step 2 - Obtain a background check (required for approval by the Village)
- 2.1 Obtain a Webcheck through the Bureau of Criminal Investigations:
- 2.11 The applicant must call 877-614-4364 to schedule their own appointment.
- 2.2 Other location for Webchecks are listed on the Attorney General of Ohio website
- 2.3 The applicant is required to do the Ohio "BCI check".
- Step 3 - Complete the Application
- 3.1 Submit the application, background check, $35 non-refundable fee
- Step 4 - Review Process
- 4.1 The Police Chief or her designee will assess the BCI form and will approve/disapprove it the application can be forwarded for processing.
- Can I have an open container?
Please read the Open Container Prohibited code of ordinance.
- Do you have a prescription drug box?
Yes, in the Police Department lobby, located at:
21 W Washington Street
Chagrin Falls OH 44022